Project Management Plan Template
- Project Management Plan
- The project management plan PMBOK® is defined as the document that describes how the project will be executed, monitored and controlled. The project management plan has to align with a portfolio or program management plan (if any) and is an output of the "develop project management plan" process. The project management plan is created early in the project planning and then updated if changes occur in the course of the project life cycle.
What are the Contents of a Project Management Plan?
The project management plan is the document in which all other management plans and other documents are compiled. These are first and foremost the specific plans for the areas such as Quality etc. as well as the 3 baselines (scope, schedule, cost). The project management plan also describes the management approach and the project life cycle.
- Prepared by:
- Marc Arnecke, PMP
- Last Modified:
- File Type:
- MS Word
What are the Subsidiary Plans in Project Management?
- Scope Management Plan,
- Schedule Management Plan,
- Cost Management Plan,
- Quality Management Plan,
- Resource Management Plan,
- Communications Management Plan,
- Risk Management Plan,
- Procurement Management Plan,
- Stakeholder Management Plan,
In addition there can be a
- Change Management Plan,
- Requirements Management Plan, and
- Process improvement Plan.
Construction projects typically also have a
- Financial Management Plan, and a
- HSE Management Plan.