Project Schedule Management - Definition, Processes, Templates
You find the definition and the processes involved in Project Schedule Management (PMBOK®) and a link to free downloadable templates in the download area further down on this page.
Schedule Management Definition (PMI™)
Project Schedule Management includes the processes required to manage the timely completion of the project. (PMBOK® Guide).
Project Schedule Management Processes (PMI™)
Plan Schedule Management
- Plan schedule management is the process of establishing the policies, procedures, and documentation for planning, developing, managing, executing, and controlling the project schedule.
- Define activities is the process of identifying and documenting the specific actions to be performed to produce the project deliverables.
- Sequence activities is the process of identifying and documenting relationships among the project activities.
Estimate Activity Durations
- Estimate activity durations is the process of estimating the number of work periods needed to complete individual activities with the estimated resources.
- Develop schedule is the process of analyzing activity sequences, durations, resource requirements, and schedule constraints to create the project schedule model for project execution and monitoring & controlling.
- Control schedule is the process of controlling the status of the project to update the project schedule and manage changes to the schedule baseline.