Project Schedule Management - Definition, Processes, Templates
You find the definition and the processes involved in Project Schedule Management (PMBOK®) and a link to free downloadable templates in the download area further down on this page.
Schedule Management Definition (PMI™)
Project Schedule Management includes the processes required to manage the timely completion of the project. (PMBOK® Guide).
Project Schedule Management Processes (PMI™)
Plan Schedule Management
- Plan schedule management is the process of establishing the policies, procedures, and documentation for planning, developing, managing, executing, and controlling the project schedule.
- Define activities is the process of identifying and documenting the specific actions to be performed to produce the project deliverables.
- Sequence activities is the process of identifying and documenting relationships among the project activities.
Estimate Activity Durations
- Estimate activity durations is the process of estimating the number of work periods needed to complete individual activities with the estimated resources.
- Develop schedule is the process of analyzing activity sequences, durations, resource requirements, and schedule constraints to create the project schedule model for project execution and monitoring & controlling.
- Control schedule is the process of controlling the status of the project to update the project schedule and manage changes to the schedule baseline.
Download Area Schedule Management Templates
All you need to know about Project Management PMBOK® Guide 6th Edition
The PMBOK® Guide–Sixth Edition – PMI’s flagship publication has been updated to reflect the latest good practices in project management.
New to the Sixth Edition, each knowledge area will contain a section entitled Approaches for Agile, Iterative and Adaptive Environments, describing how these practices integrate in project settings.
It also contains more emphasis on strategic and business knowledge—including discussion of project management business documents — and information on the PMI Talent Triangle™ and the essential skills for success in today’s market.