Project Scope Management Plan Template
- Project Scope Management Plan
- The Project Scope Management Plan is a component of the Project Management Plan that describes how the scope will be defined, developed, monitored, controlled, and verified.
- Prepared by:
- Marc Arnecke, PMP
- Last Modified:
- File Type:
- MS Word
Send me the Template
All Forms you need for successful Project Management
A Project Manager's Book of Forms is an essential companion to the Project Management Institute's A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge. Packed with ready-made forms for managing every stage in any project, this book offers both new and experienced project managers an invaluable resource for thorough documentation and repeatable processes.
Endorsed by PMI and aligned with the PMBOK® Guide, these forms cover all aspects of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing; each form can be used as-is directly from the book, or downloaded from the companion website and tailored to your project's unique needs. This new third edition has been updated to align with the newest PMBOK® Guide, and includes forms for agile, the PMI Talent Triangle, technical project management, leadership, strategic and business management, and more.
The PMBOK® Guide is the primary reference for project management, and the final authority on best practices?but implementation can quickly become complex for new managers on large projects, or even experienced managers juggling multiple projects with multiple demands. This book helps you stay organized and on-track, helping you ensure thorough documentation throughout the project life cycle.
- Adopt PMI-endorsed forms for documenting every process group
- Customize each form to suit each project's specific needs
- Organize project data and implement a repeatable management process
- Streamline PMBOK® Guide implementation at any level of project management experience
Instead of wasting time interpreting and translating the PMBOK® Guide to real-world application, allow PMI to do the work for you: A Project Manager's Book of Forms provides the PMBOK®-aligned forms you need to quickly and easily implement project management concepts and practices.
How my Project Scope Management Plan can help you?
The Scope management plan covers how the scope will be defined, validated, and controlled. It also includes information on preventing or dealing with scope creep, handling change requests, the escalation path for any disagreement on the scope elements between stakeholders, the process for the creation of the scope statement, the WBS, and how the deliverable will be accepted.
Project Scope Management Processes
Plan Scope Management
- Plan project scope management is the process of creating a scope management plan that documents how the project and product scope will be defined, validated, and controlled.
- Collect requirements is the process of determining, documenting, and managing stakeholder needs and requirements to meet project objectives.
- Define scope is the process of developing a detailed description of the project and product.
- Create WBS is the process of subdividing project deliverables and project work into smaller, more manageable components.
- Validate scope is the process of formalizing acceptance of the completed project deliverables.
- Control scope is the process of monitoring the status of the project and product scope and managing changes to the scope baseline.
Project Management Templates in Different Knowledge Areas
How to Manage Project Scope
The definition is given above and the processes are listed, the question that arises now is how project scope is best and most effectively managed. Following my own experience as a contractor project manager, scope management is one in which many mistakes happen during the initiation phase of a project. This is a trap that is hard to come out of. By signing a contract, the contractor committed himself to deliver certain products and services within a time frame and at a certain price.