Project Stakeholder Management - Definition, Processes, Templates
You find the definition and the processes involved in Project Stakeholder Management (PMBOK®) and links to free downloadable templates on this page.
The Stakeholder Management Plan is a component of the Project Management Plan that identifies the management strategies required to effectively engage stakeholders. The level of details can vary based on the needs of the project.
Definition of Project Stakeholder Management (PMI™)
Stakeholder Management describes the processes required to identify people, groups or organizations that could impact or be impacted by the project, to analyse stakeholder expectations and their impact on the project, and to develop appropriate management strategies for effectively engaging stakeholders in project decisions and execution. (PMBOK® Guide)
Stakeholder Management Processes (PMI™)
- Identify stakeholders is the process of identifying project stakeholders regularly and analyzing and documenting relevant information regarding their interests, involvement, inter-dependencies, influence, and potential impact on project success.
Plan Stakeholder Engagement
- Plan stakeholder engagement is the process of developing approaches to involve project stakeholders based on their needs, expectations, interests, and potential impact on the project.
Manage Stakeholder Engagement
- Manage stakeholder engagement is the process of communicating and working with stakeholders to meet their needs and expectations, address issues, and foster appropriate stakeholder engagement involvement.
Monitor Stakeholder Engagement
- Monitor stakeholder engagement is the process of monitoring stakeholder relationships and tailoring strategies for engaging stakeholders through the modification of engagement strategies and plans.
Download Area Project Stakeholder Management Templates
All you need to know about Project Stakeholder Management
Are you struggling to engage your key stakeholders?
- Do you lose sleep the night before important meetings because you are worried about how things will turn out?
If you would like to become better at influencing and persuasion, but don't know where to begin, then start here!
Stakeholder Management: 50 Quick and Easy Ways That you can Become Brilliant at Project Stakeholder Management explains the essential steps to successful stakeholder management, using a step-by-step approach.
You will learn:
- How to easily identify all of your key stakeholder groups
- How to quickly build enthusiasm and motivation
- How to get people to commit to your delivery dates
- How to create an army of advocates who support your project from start to finish
- When to turn on the charm and when to turn up the heat
- When to say no to difficult stakeholders
This is a no-nonsense, tips based book intended to be used to boost results:
- The book supports the entire stakeholder management process and includes tips aimed at both beginners and more seasoned practitioners
- It can be read from cover to cover but is better off being used as a reference guide that you can dip into as and when you need help
- You can master the essential stakeholder management skills in as little as 30 days.
Who is this book for? Those who stand to benefit most from this book include:
- Project management professionals, including Project Managers, Program Managers, Project Directors, Portfolio Managers and Project Management Office (PMO) Managers;
- Consultants, researchers and analysts including Management Consultants, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, Requirements Managers, Independent Consultants and Business Owners;
- Those responsible for managing resources, including Practice Managers, Line Managers and Resource Managers;
- Business Managers and leaders, including Executive Management, Line Managers / Operations Managers with project responsibilities;
- Those responsible for project funding and benefits management, including Project Sponsors, Finance Directors, Project Directors, Account Managers, Account Directors;
- New and aspiring managers looking to develop and progress their careers and needing to learn how to cultivate and develop business relationships
- How to get the most from this book
- The Problem With Projects
- Stakeholder Management 101
- Stakeholder Management mistakes you need to avoid
- Stakeholder Identification tips
- Stakeholder Analysis tips
- Stakeholder Communication tips
- Stakeholder Management tips
- Stakeholder Relationship tips
- Frequently Asked Questions about Stakeholder Management
- Process Visuals
- Further Reading