You find the definition and the processes involved in Project Stakeholder Management (PMBOK®) and free downloadable templates on this page.
The Project Stakeholder Management Plan is a component of the Project Management Plan that identifies the management strategies required to effectively engage stakeholders. The level of details can vary based on the needs of the project.
Definition of Project Stakeholder Management
The PMI™ defines it as:
Project Stakeholder Management describes the processes required to identify people, groups or organizations that could impact or be impacted by the project, to analyse stakeholder expectations and their impact on the project, and to develop appropriate management strategies for effectively engaging stakeholders in project decisions and execution. (PMBOK® Guide)
Project Stakeholder Management Processes
Definition of the processes by PMI™:
- Identify Stakeholders
- Identify stakeholders is the process of identifying project stakeholders regularly and analyzing and documenting relevant information regarding their interests, involvement, inter-dependencies, influence, and potential impact on project success.
- Plan Stakeholder Engagement
- Plan stakeholder engagement is the process of developing approaches to involve project stakeholders based on their needs, expectations, interests, and potential impact on the project.
- Manage Stakeholder Engagement
- Manage stakeholder engagement is the process of communicating and working with stakeholders to meet their needs and expectations, address issues, and foster appropriate stakeholder engagement involvement.
- Monitor Stakeholder Engagement
- Monitor stakeholder engagement is the process of monitoring stakeholder relationships and tailoring strategies for engaging stakeholders through the modification of engagement strategies and plans.
Template Download Area
Download the Project Stakeholder Management Plan Template
|Name:||Project Stakeholder Management Plan Template|
|Prepared by:||Marc Arnecke, PMP|
|Subject:||The Project Stakeholder Management Plan is a component of the Project Management Plan that identifies the management strategies required to effectively engage stakeholders. The level of details can vary based on the needs of the project.|
|Link:||download Project Stakeholder Management Plan Template|
More templates are waiting here for you: